Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Thai Chicken Thighs (slow cooker)

I've never been a huge fan of cooking with chicken thighs (usually go straight for the breasts) - I don't now whether it's having to work around the bone to eat it, or the realization that because of the bone the nice plump chicken thighs that looked so appetizing in the grocery store end up hardly being more than a mouthful by the end of things.  I don't know....just one of my many little foibles I'm sure.
Today though, I wanted to try a slightly adapted version of Julie Van Rosendaal's dish from her 'Dinner with Julie' website that I came across.  I added some garlic and adjusted the quantities a little, and to our tastes it was delicious - I might add just a little bit more spice next time, possibly some red pepper flakes, but only to satisfy my hubby's spicy palate even more :o)










Thai Chicken Thighs
3-4 servings

8 skinless chicken thighs
1 1/2 cup chunky salsa
1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
3 Tbs soy sauce
1 Tbs lime juice
1 tsp grated ginger
2 tsp garlic, chopped

  • combine everything in your slow cooker and heat on LOW setting for 5-6 hours.
  • easy peasy!!

Thai Chicken Thighs ingredients.

put everything in the slow cooker and combine thoroughly.

after 5-6 hours the chicken is drop-off-the-bone tender.

serve with some fragrant vegetable rice and enjoy.


    3 comments: